Full stack developer
Affinity is an award-winning integrated marketing agency that has been supporting regional, national and international clients since 1986. Affinity Digital has been recognised as a top 100 UK digital design & development agency for the last 6 years and has a client roster that boasts everything from household brands to public utility companies and everything in-between! From the latest in e-commerce technologies to complex data integration projects, our clients rely on us to deliver solutions that are engaging, robust and scalable.
We are keen to recruit a new team member that is passionate about the web, with excellent knowledge of both front-end and back-end development. Knowledge of best practice is important, as well as the desire to strive for innovation and excellence.
A solid understanding of the industry and the latest technologies and development trends is key. As part of the development role, you will be involved in the planning of projects, including task breakdown and estimations and will work independently or as part of a team-based on project size, scope and priority.
Our ideal candidate will display a willingness to learn new skills and technologies and to help spread these ideas amongst the wider team. Being a good problem solver with a high level of attention to detail are strong assets for this role. We’re looking for people with a good long term vision and ambition to grow within the agency.
Primarily we are recruiting for a full time position although would welcome short term contract or freelance candidates as well.
Tasks and technologies within the role...
- Front-end development using HTML and CSS pre-compilers (SASS or LESS)
- Back-end development using existing basic PHP or open-source technologies such as Wordpress and Magento
- Version control using GIT and/or SVN
- Management of security updates and general website maintenance across all client platforms
- Basic server management (inc production and staging environments)
- Quoting and planning development tasks
This position will ideally suit a candidate with great attention to detail and a drive to grow as a team member within the agency. The candidate should have a strong passion for digital, as well as a hunger and awareness of new technologies.
The successful candidate must be a team player with the ability to learn fast; they should demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment. The candidate must be able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, and use their experience to contribute towards the wider success of Affinity.
Ideal candidates normally have some or all of these...
- A minimum of 3 years commercial development experience
- Experience working with the latest JS technologies (VueJS)
- Experience with frontend CSS Frameworks (Bootstrap 4, Bulma, Semantic UI, Tailwind CSS et al)
- Experience with Laravel
- Opensource CMS experience: Preferably Wordpress and Magento
- High level of front-end / user interface coding and technology (CSS, Jquery, JS etc)
- Working knowledge of Git / version control
- Experience in testing using a range of tools and platforms
- Experience working with databases (relational and other), integration & APIs
Salary dependent on experience.
The role would be located within our production studio in Norwich City Centre.
Job Vacancy description and content