We, Affinityi-Marketing, are having a competition to give our followers a chance to win a wonderful insightful book by Jeff Jarvis (@jeffjarvis) entitled 'What Would Google Do?' – described as '…an indispensable guide to the business logic of the networked era…'
This is the blurb of the book:
"What’s the question every business should be asking itself? According to Jeff Jarvis, it’s WHAT WOULD GOOGLE DO? If you’re not thinking or acting like Google – the fastest-growing company in the history of the world – then you’re not going to survive, let alone prosper, in the Internet age.
An indispensable manual for survival and success that asks the most important question today’s leaders, in any industry, can ask themselves: What would Google do?
To demonstrate how to emulate Google, Jarvis lays out his laws of what he calls “the new Google century,” including such insights as:
Become a Platform
Join the Post-Scarcity, Open-Source, Gift Economy
The Middleman Has Died
Your Worst Customers Are Your Best Friends and Your Best Customers Are Your Partners
Do What You Do Best and Link to the Rest
Get Out of the Way
Make Mistakes Well
… and More
He applies these principles not just to emerging technologies and the Internet, but to other industries-telecommunications, airlines, television, government, healthcare, education, journalism, and yes, book publishing-showing ultimately what the world would look like if Google ran it. The result is an astonishing, mind-opening book that will change the way readers ask questions and solve problems."
To be with a chance to win, all you have to do is follow us on Twitter, Like us on Facebook or Circle us on Google+.Then share this tweet, status update or post. If you're feeling enthusiastic, you could do all three for an extra chance to win!
The draw ends on the 30th of September at which time the winners will be announced on here and on all three platforms, and then contacted directly.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Eligibility – http://www.affinityi-marketing.com and Heroes Advertising & Public Relations Limited T/A Affinityi-Marketing (referred to herein as “Contest Provider”) is the provider of this contest. This contest is open only to residents of the United Kingdom. If you are under the legal age of majority in your country of residence, but are over the age of 13 years of age and a resident of the United Kingdom, one of your parents or legal guardians must submit a signed, written statement that they have read, understood and agree to these Contest rules with your entry, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules on behalf of you and themselves. The competition is not open to Heroes Advertising & Public Relations Limited employees or those affiliated with the company. All applicable local laws and regulations apply. There is no cost to enter or win but the offer is void where prohibited.
- Disclaimer – The Contest Provider will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, or misrouted transmissions or entries; (b) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Contest Provider; or (c) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest. The contest provider will not be responsible for any prizes lost during transit to the winners and a refund is not available for any products damaged in transit or thereafter.
- Contest Period – The Contest begins in the 17th of July and will continue until the 30th of September 2012 (the "Deadline"). All entries must be received before the Deadline to be eligible to win the Prize.
- Prizes – 1 eligible entrant will be chosen by the Contest Provider at random as “Winners,” and each will receive a “Prize,” one (1) book by Jeff Jarvis 'What Would Google Do?'. The Prize will be provided “as is,” Contest Provider and Prize Provider provide no warranties of any kind, express or implied, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Shipment of The Prize will be the sole responsibility of Contest Provider. Shipment method and carrier will be selected by Contest Provider. Contest Provider and Prize Provider assume no responsibility for loss of or damage to the prize prior to or during shipment. If the Prize, after shipment, is returned to the Prize Provider as undeliverable or for any other reason, Contest Provider and Prize Provider reserve the right to disqualify the Winner and to designate another Entrant as the Winner. No cash equivalent or alternative product will be an option. The winner is responsible for any taxes that may be associated with their prize. The winner will be announced through this Page and contacted as mentioned above. If the winner does not respond within 10 days after announcement, a new winner will be determined.
- Collection of Information – The Winner consents to allowing Contest Provider to disclose the following information to Prize Provider for the purpose of awarding the Prize: (1) first and last name, (2) email address, and (3) shipping address. Failure to provide this information will result in disqualification from the contest.
- General Release of Liability – By entering the Contest, you release the Contest Provider and Prize Provider from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize.
- Miscellaneous – Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Contest Provider, which are final and binding in all respects. Contest Provider reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, at its discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should any causes beyond Contest Provider’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Contest Provider otherwise becomes (as determined by its discretion) unable to run the Contest as planned.
- Delivery – the Contest Provider will ship the prize to the contestant(s) within 28 days of receiving the shipping information from the winner(s). If the winner does not respond within 10 days after announcement, a new winner will be determined.